The gala fundraiser with The Ladies of Jazz and Gospel is just over three weeks away, and the days will fly by. Although some details remain to be determined, this post lists known and anticipated activities in June 2016:
- Thursday, June 2, 2016 at 7 pm – Committee meeting at Henry and Yvonne’s. Others are welcome; email Henry if attending.
- Thursday, June 9, 2016 at 7 pm – Committee meeting at Bill and Linda’s, with Rebecca Sebert from the Anglican Diocese of BC SAH. Others are welcome; email Linda if attending.
- Thursday, June 16, 2016 (evening) – Training for a few people. Linda will coordinate and communicate details.
- Saturday, June 18, 2016 at 10 am – Organizing auction items at Bill and Linda’s.
- Thursday, June 23, 2016 at 7 pm – Regular committee meeting; details TBD.
- Saturday, June 25, 2016 – decorating and setup, then the gala fundraiser — including dinner, silent and live auctions — with The Ladies of Jazz and Gospel at Olympic View Golf Course.
- Thursday, June 30, 2016 at 7 pm – Regular committee meeting; details TBD.
There is now a Westshore Refugee Sponsorship Group Page on Facebook. Its focus will be public outreach and engagement, in contrast to the Facebook Group which will increasingly focus on internal communications and coordination.
Thank you to Kirsten Glidden for setting it up!
A meeting planned for May 19th was cancelled, and the next committee meeting will be on Thursday, May 26th at 7 pm, at the home of Hilary Mackey and Lawrence Surges. Others are welcome, but please email email@example.com in advance.
The WRSG Facebook Group is a Closed group, but will become a Public group as of May 13, 2016. A public Facebook event that can be widely shared is here.
This week’s committee meeting will be on Thursday, May 12th at 7 pm, at the home of Laurie Shumanski. Others are welcome, but please email firstname.lastname@example.org in advance.
Visit with Bill, Linda, Hilary and Lawrence, in Room A at Table 70.
Room A, Table 70
We’re almost ready for Saturday’s festival at Royal Bay Secondary School. Visit us in Room A, at Table 70, to learn more. Donate, and your name’s entered into a draw!
We expect to finalize plans and announce an event. Check back or subscribe for updates.
Next weekend, we’re setting up and exhibiting at Creatively United for the Planet, so no meeting’s planned for April 14th.
On Thursday, April 21st at 7 pm, the Committee will meet at Bill and Linda’s. Others are welcome with advance notice to Linda.
We’re growing, and delighted that a three-week furniture drive kicked off on Sunday, April 3rd at the Canvas Church on Bear Mountain. Thank you to Pastor Austin and Henry and Yvonne Van Boxtel for their leadership of this initiative.
We hope to cross off many items on our list with the Canvas Church’s help, then make a more focussed ask later via the website and/or email.